Cloud native infrastructure is more than servers, network, and storage in the cloud—it is also about operational excellence, elasticity, and scalability. In this book, you’ll learn about patterns and practices for creating infrastructure capable of managing the full life cycle of cloud native applications.
In this book, Garrison and Nova provide examples of patterns seen in existing tools such as Kubernetes and reveal hard-earned lessons on architecting infrastructure from companies such as Google, Amazon, and Netflix.
With this book, you will:
- Understand why cloud native infrastructure is necessary to effectively run cloud native applications
- Use guidelines to decide when—and if—your business should adopt cloud native practices
- Learn patterns for deploying and managing infrastructure and applications
- Design tests to prove that your infrastructure works as intended, even in a variety of edge cases
- Learn how to secure infrastructure with policy as code